Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: How many have a BRS ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: How many have a BRS ?

That's a really good point Eddie. If the comfort was comparable to the seat cushion, and egress was easy (doubtful with the stick), then I would consider wearing a parachute for sure.

Can anyone comment on what it is like wearing a chute while flying?

Evan.

I think my Kitfox seat cushions are way more comfy than a parachute. I have only worn a parachute for one hour at a time. I can't recall ever feeling uncomfortable. "Cuz I was inverted". Im short, I could use my Kitfox bottom cushion and purchase a parachute that packs it all in on the back. There are versions with it packed 50/50 bottom/back or all in the bottom. I may borrow my buddies high performance sky diving parachute for initial test flights and just remove the back cushion from my plane. Fortunately his chute is appropriate for my weight. Being that I am smaller, I won't have difficulty rolling out the door. There is a lot to consider in this arena. Parachutes like these may not be designed to fly hours on end in comfort. Someone else will have to chime in.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I borrowed a friends chute for flight testing. I removed the back cushion and as I recall the comfort was reasonable.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive