Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: aileron flutter !!!! help !!!

Default Re: aileron flutter !!!! help !!!

what did you end up doing to fix the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKitfox View Post
    I found this discussion after research because I encountered exactly the same Flueter problem! I bought a Kitfox3 that was stuck more. The son of the former owner who is an instructor tells me that the plane flew in the state but he is not honest, I think. I took all the games in the flaperon control and Kitfox sent me the technical data sheet with the set of 1 to get.When I checked this week, we found a significant difference from the good In the neutral position, we have more 3 "instead of 1. Photos Below I think this may be the cause of the problem of flueter What do you think?
    Thank you for your help.

Attachment 23580
    Actual neutral position with 3"

Attachment 23581
    Réglage des flaperons selon les valeurs préconisés par Kitfox. Dans cette position des flaperons, le levier des volets est tirés
    de 17° donc en position neutre les flaperons se retrouvent en négatif de 17°!! (Raison du flueter???)

Cool Re: aileron flutter !!!! help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshooter View Post
    what did you end up doing to fix the issue?
    Hello, I solved the problem by carrying out a check of the adjustment of the angle of attack of the flaperone in neutral position. The adjustment of the machine as I had recovered it, and despite the seller's comments, was beyond all tolerances. The flaperons were nosediving at too high an angle. This generated turbulent and disruptive flows during flight between the trailing edge of the wing and the flaperons which generated the Futer phenomenon from a certain speed.

Take care to this problem!

Good flight!
    ChrisFlyer