Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cg & all

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cg & all

All, I have a question:
    Now that the PH-FOX has flown some 10 hours, it is time for me to solve this queeste. The CG is pretty forward. The plane is build per manual. Trim with the flapperons.
    Now when I fly on my own, the flapperons are some 8+ degrees UP.....And she's in perfect harmony: she flies hands-off. But there is much drag from the flapperons that way. I lowered the elevator one hole (one to go), and it made some difference (not much). Flying two pob I trim more aft, and the flapperrons are almost 0- degrees, hands-off.
    Now I wonder: shouldn't it make difference to move weight aft? And if so, what to choose.....the plane is build per manual, you guys don't have the same, have you? And there's added weight in the back: rudderhorns and elevator and stabilo all have profiles, the ACL techniques are in the back - what can I do?
    Last edited by HansLab; 03-03-2014 at 11:22 PM.