Quote Originally Posted by rdooley79 View Post
I just sent the deposit and am planning when I'll head out to get my new plane!

http://s928.photobucket.com/user/rdooley79/story/39533

I wanted to get a second generation plane but didn't figure I could fine one that was nice that I could afford. I found this bird lurking on another forum and the owner hinted that he was thinking about selling it. I was able to get a goood deal on her. She comes with a trailer, perfect to bring her home with! The AFTT is about 500 and the Rotax 582 has about 130 since rebuild. The gearbox is the "C" with 3:1 and has been upgraded with the RK400 clutch. It has the upgraded Grove spring gear and wheels/brakes with McCreary Air Hawk tires. The intercom is a Flightcom 403 and a Microair M760 radio as well as a Narco AT150 transponder, not sure about the encoder. It has all the normal instruments and VSI. Seats have been died black since the pictures. There is also the heater mod made from an oil cooler installed. My wife is excited for heat!
I really like the Citabria style paint job. it's reported to be in good condition and shows well. The plane would sure look nice with a fresh coat of Carnuba wax and the landing gear polished up!

Next is to get to TN from CO and drag it home, safely. I'm super worried about transporting it on the trailer and damaging it somewhere along the 1500 miles to my airport! Should be o.k. the plane has all of the travel struts and supports and the trailer is built for the kitfox.

SO EXCITED!!!!!
Hey Colorado, congratulations on your new find. Let me make a little suggestion regarding towing your plane home.
1. Have your wife sew you up a soft boot to cover the vertical fin to prevent the wings from chaffing the rudder.
2. Provide a secondary means of securing the wings (ratchet strap) to prevent inadvertent deployment.
3. Unless your door locks are a lot better than mine, provide a way to secure the doors from opening.
4. If you wind up in the rain, she'll leak like a sieve. Provide some means to make it a little mor water tight.

Other than that, have a good trip.

Cheers,