Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: John's Build

Default Re: John's Build

Thats awesome John! Look at all that room you have now. I really like the all white paint job. Sometimes I wish I would have done that.
    Eddie

John,

Great move! Good to see the plane survived the road trip.

Seeing my friends get there causes me to relive the day our plane went to the airport....a race to avoid the 8" of snow and roadsalt which came the next morning. Without a doubt the road trip on the trailer was the most concerning part of the whole airplane business...I did get a friend with the biggest urban assault vehicle I could find to run interference for me on the freeway.

Almost forgot to ask...what kind of tubing/hose do you have connecting the brake caliper to the gear leg?
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Thanks to everyone. I've got to install & paint the lift strut fairings, do the wing root front cuffs, the turtle deck "strakes", some planned modifications to the turtledeck cover, and install the prop/spinner. Then I've got to get up and get a check-out with Stick and Rudder. Those are the only things I've got left to do before inspection/first flight. We generally have lots of good flying weather here during the winter, so I should hopefully get some hours on it this year, but not before the winter.

Dave - those brake lines are -3 Teflon-lined, braided stainless steel.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrybark View Post
    That's a great looking trailer for the job...

It is a great trailer... tilting, winch, etc. Graciously provided by a good friend, Jim. The job was real easy, with him, my son Matt and me. About a 40 minute drive with early rush-hour traffic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

Looks great John! You may have said in a previous post, but did you get that Fox decal on the tail from Kitfoxaircraft?
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Hi Ken,
    I'm not too sure if you're pulling my leg a little... but I'm gonna' tell the story again just in case you're not.
    No, I searched for something different for about a year, when I found this design & paid a small royalty to the artist to legally use the copyrighted image on my airplane. I had the decals made for me by AeroGraphics, using the file that I got from Shutterstock. I was VERY surprised when Kitfox announced their new logo, as I had this on the airplane for at least a couple of month's before that, not really showing anyone and thinking I would really have something a little different and unique. Mine is the vertical version of the same artwork that Kitfox is using, oriented horizontally. Their designer added color of course. I actually had the files for both versions. Anyway, John McBean and I agreed that great minds think alike.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    John, I'm saving you a spot next to me at Oshkosh...
    Thanks, Larry! It would be an honor to park with you (I think I said that once to a girl I knew... worded a little differently of course ). I'm sure planning on being there, but I'll probably park in homebuilt camping with my bud, Stan Specht, who along with his Kitfox (Columbine) is one of the most important reasons I decided to build this airplane. Anyway, I think you're trying to tell me to be there, and that's definitely on my agenda - I love Oshkosh!

Thanks again to everyone for the comments... this group is such a powerful morale booster!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

Thanks John. No i forgot the story. Like John McBean told me once, i got a great memory its just short.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Maybe I missed it, but any chance you could post a pic of your panel, and describe what radios you installed.

Thanks
    Brian

Hi Brian,
    I’ve posted many, but probably my #222 posting shows most everything... there have been just a couple of minor changes since then.
    It’s old-school round gauges, Garmin GTR 200 comm & GTX 327 transponder, iFly 740 GPS, uAvionix ads-b in & out, Tru Trak single axis autopilot, etc.
    Last edited by jrevens; 10-14-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime