Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

Default Re: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

It's far from over, yet.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...-223621-1.html

Personally I have a higher hope for this legislation, or something like it, than I do for the enormously obese beurocracy of the FAA to actually reform anything itself.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

You guys are dreaming. They just pushed net neutrality through on regulations. This government wants more control not less. What is wrong with the a web that they needed to regulate it?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

FWIW
    An email from my Senator 2/26

"I am writing to update you on my efforts in support of general aviators. Like you, I believe that federal regulations should protect the safety of general aviators and their passengers while not being overly burdensome.
    With the goal of simplifying regulations for individual aviators, I helped introduce S. 573, the General Aviation Pilot Protection Act of 2015 on February 25, 2015. If enacted into law, this legislation would allow pilots of small aircraft in the United States to operate without medical certification or proof of health if they possess a valid driver's license and adhere to aircraft size, weight, altitude, speed, and passenger capacity restrictions. This bill is pending before the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. I am hopeful that it will soon reach the Senate floor for a vote.
    In addition, on September 2, 2014, I joined ten colleagues in sending a bipartisan letter to Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx and Office of Management and Budget Director Shaun Donovan urging the Administration to carry out an expedited review of the Federal Aviation Administration's Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to modernize third-class medical requirements for small aircraft pilots, based on the lessons learned from the 2004 sport pilot rule. The letter asks that the review quickly be completed so that the proposal can be released for public comment as soon as possible and urges the Administration to prioritize and expedite this reform and others, which would lower unnecessary barriers to the general aviation community.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance."
    Lou
    KitFox II

These letters we are sending are a great idea. I've sent several, too.

I do believe that if we all just take a minute to call our reps' offices, both house and senate, to verbally tell them we need their support, this will go far further.

IMO, a form email is good, especially several thousand of them, but a couple hundred phone calls is a HUGE statement.

Look them up here.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Called all 3 of mine today... it took all of about 5 minutes. As mentioned, the Senate bill is S. 573. The resolution in the House is H.R. 1086. There is also a bill in the Senate for a revision to the Pilots Bill of Rights - I believe it is S.B. 571.

Thanks for the link for the contact info, Larry!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I believe the correct bills for pilots are H.R. 1062 and S.571 You can support H.R. 1068 of course, but it is for tribal transportation self governance. Not much help for medical reform.

To send a letter to your rep and senator click

http://govt.eaa.org/17422/support-pilots-bill-rights-2/

H.R. 1062 is the Graves bill

S 571 is the Inhofe bill
    S 573 is the Boozman bill.

JP

Quote Originally Posted by jtpitkin06 View Post
    I believe the correct bills for pilots are H.R. 1062 and S.571 You can support H.R. 1068 of course, but it is for tribal transportation self governance. Not much help for medical reform.

To send a letter to your rep and senator click

http://govt.eaa.org/17422/support-pilots-bill-rights-2/

H.R. 1062 is the Graves bill

S 571 is the Inhofe bill
    S 573 is the Boozman bill.

JP
    John,

S 571 is the "Pilots Bill of Rights 2" proposal. I agree that it is probably the one to target since the EAA helped draft it. I thought that S 573 "General Aviation Pilots Protection Act 2015" also includes 3rd class medical reform. As I posted, HR 1086 is the House version of that, not 1068.

I agree with Larry that phone calls are probably more effective than form letters, but anything is a heck of a lot better than doing nothing.
    Last edited by jrevens; 03-03-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post

As I posted, HR 1086 is the House version of that, not 1068.
    Oops.. Dang aixelsyd, or is that dyslexia? Last time that happened I had to land on runway 53.

%:^)
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by jtpitkin06 View Post
    Oops.. Dang aixelsyd, or is that dyslexia? Last time that happened I had to land on runway 53.

%:^)
    JP
    Hah! You made me laugh! I was gonna' make a joke about that too, John. I really appreciate your posting of the EAA link... I went ahead and did that yesterday, also. I think we can make this happen if everyone gets active. Thanks!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

Called my senators and my rep today.