Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Tundra Tires"?

Default Re: "Tundra Tires"?

New Desser 27 x 10-8 Tundra coming soon.

Fits Matco 8 Inch Wheel (not pictured, pictured is test rim)
    Can be run Tubeless
    Made in USA for Aircraft Use.
    Weight 20.5 lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by airtire; 11-13-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Looks great!

But too bad they are using an 8 inch wheel, as by the time you get done upgrading your 6 inch wheels to 8 inch, you might just as well buy the ABW's.

I guess I lucked out once in my life!! The project I just got has the 8 inch wheels.

I think you have to add the air weight. If you put 12 lbs. of air in them, them you add that weight to the tire. 20.5 lb. tire with 12 lb. air pressure will give you 32.5 lbs. Darn, that is a heavy tire!!
    LOL...not April fools day yet but a guy has to have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by av8rps View Post
    Looks great!

But too bad they are using an 8 inch wheel, as by the time you get done upgrading your 6 inch wheels to 8 inch, you might just as well buy the ABW's.
    The introductory tire price will be $395 each

If you are using the 6" Matco MH Series, all you need is the 8" Matco wheel +/- $75 each. This will bolt right on to the MH Series setup. $150 one time

Your worst case, new 8 inch Matco wheels, brakes and spacers +/- $320 per side, $640 total....one time.

After that $395 tire change.

We are also working on an FAA TSO'd version for Certified Aircraft with STC's, etc.

This thread is certainly getting a bit off topic, but here's my favorite "Man on the street" showing just how dumb Americans have become...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRkF...i17_-z5jhPuxVV

Quote Originally Posted by airtire View Post
    The introductory tire price will be $395 each

If you are using the 6" Matco MH Series, all you need is the 8" Matco wheel +/- $75 each. This will bolt right on to the MH Series setup. $150 one time

Your worst case, new 8 inch Matco wheels, brakes and spacers +/- $320 per side, $640 total....one time.

After that $395 tire change.

We are also working on an FAA TSO'd version for Certified Aircraft with STC's, etc.
    Ok, back on topic...

SIGN ME UP FOR A SET! I'll convert my wheels if that's all it takes

The Dresser Smoothies I have posted in this link are on 6 inch wheels, the tires are $200 each from McBean.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Dang, just when it was getting good....I was going to say some of those people remind me of our governemnt.

Ok, back on topic..

I am giving it some thought also. The plane I just acquired has a new set of the 21-12x8 Nanco's already on it and they will probably be sufficient for the expected use of this Kitfox. If they get changed, the Desser's sure look like a bargain compared to the AkBushwheels. Only other comment I will mention is if a person has the 6" wheels you can usually pick up a set of used GY 26" tires for $1,000 or less. They might be a little heavier but they will last many years before requiring replacement. Since I have a spare set of 6" Matco wheels I will mount the GY's that I have on them and compare them.

I replaced the entire gear on my RANS S7, it has the older, small caliper brakes very simlar to the Kitfox wheels albiet thye are 6" wheels insstead of the 8". I was going to advertise them but I may just keep them so I can have a 'Bush tire' for whenever I may need it.

I've got the Dresser Smoothies with 17 lbs of air in them and it's like landing on cushy pillows very soft landing even with full stall drop in landings. I have been pleasantly surprised. I went out Friday and man even one of my crappy landings was oh so soft. Charmin Tissue would have been proud!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas