Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Thanks for the entertainment Ross. Your getting close.

You are too kind Mr Scott - YOUR posts are the entertainment - and I still am amazed that you did yours in just over a year! that was an impressive effort and I think it is great that you use your plane so often and undertake such great trips - keep the reports coming - I know that there are many people building and thinking of doing so who find your posts inspirational - you're Living the Dream Scotty! Though you must encourage that silent guy in the orange kit fox to post a bit more too!

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Doug (Orange Kitfox) is too busy flying to post. Think he is up to 480 hours in a year and a half. These planes are really fun. You and I both would be suprised with the audience on here. Can't wait to see you in the air.
    20150812_165413.jpg
    Here is another view out of this fun machine.

Look forward to catching up at Narromine Matt........... I wonder if there will be other Kitfox's there? Jono?
    Ahh... sorry Ross, I'd love to be there, but I'm rostered on for glider towing at Benalla.

I've been approached by a couple of the gliding clubs to fly a tug,,, seems it's hard to fing taildragger pilots ,the training happens at Benalla I'm told

Default Bit more progress!

Hello again! I only returned from a week of work last night but got stuck in again today. It is now warm enough to start spraying cowling so I have started that process. Also got the labelling of the panel done and the registration and experimental stickers attached as well as the panel labels.

As I have the 912is engine, there are 2 D sub ports to download data and diagnose faults with the engine - I was a little daunted by the challenge of soldering these for the first time but once I got a work station set up it was all pretty straight forward. I have included a few photos of the little low cost soldering station - thoroughly recommended - especially if your eyes are not great at that fine wire soldering!

cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

No idea why the panel pic was upside down!? And also noted that I should have really practiced a bit before embarking on my engraving career!!!

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

Looking good mate. I like the upside down photo, are planning on doing inverted flight? I could also do my labeling and data plate any time.

I am planning on taking the plane back to the airport next weekend and beginning to assemble the wings, tail, doors, etc. to the fuselage. Your plane looks like it is almost done and hopefully mine can look the same in a couple weeks. This week I will be making some new door hinges, installing the windshield and top plexiglass.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

The stainless steel data plates are really difficult to engrave...or stamp for that matter. I used a stamp set to make the first one and it came out pretty crude too. You have to make a hard, square, straight one shot hit with the hammer.

I ended up buying another plate and took it to an engraving shop.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Hi Phil,

Sounds like you are about to make it all happen! There is a lot to do in these last stages - still waiting on a new design fuel manifold that John McB is working on and then I can look at starting the engine and if all is good, assemble cowling etc.

look forward to seeing the assembled machine and that wonderful Indo colour scheme you have!

and might do another data plate ... but then again there are more attractive jobs at present! I'm off for the rest of the week to do the Maintenance Procedures Course, followed by the Ausfly event - so not much more will happen this week.

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ