Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Boxing Roo's

Just shot a little clip with my iPhone out the back on the golf course. Thought it might be of interest to our overseas friends. Things animals are a source of constant entertainment!

http://youtu.be/ZIDBs062yeM

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Neat, was their a hot female roo around the corner they were fighting over?

Nice work Ross
    Good to get the maintenance course out of the way!
    You chose a great time to finish your progect with the Aus dollar dropping... I'm kicking myself I didn't order my instruments... But you get that.
    Will be nice to see more kitfoxs at these events soon!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Ahhhh.. see Josh, as I said, you are too young to retire when you think like that!!

G'day Ben, good to hear from you Wish you were just around the corner as I could do with some LAME advice in understanding some of the pre engine start stuff - but I will muscle through! What instruments are you wanting Ben? if you aren't married to anything in particular, look at the MGL stuff - it is manufactured in Sth Africa and our $ hasn't suffered much against it - they make some really nice stuff. I have installed the Extreme mini series of EFIS and EMS and their V^ radio/intercom. Asia pacific light flying is the OZ agent.

Hope all is going well over there. Good news for Sale with the news form the RAAF. Not too late to come over skiing by the way!

cheer

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

Ross, I didn't realise MGL was Sth African. I'll have to have a closer look at there stuff!
    As for the skiing, we would love to but we need to catch up on Kitfox building so we can fly across!
    Feel free to call if you have any engine questions but to be honist I haven't had alot to do with the 912 is, had a little to do with the uls.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Default Prop on and other things

Busy two days getting the coolant into the engine, the oil purge started, wired the Lemo plug for the single plug light speed connections,applied a couple of coats of white to the cowlings, started the wing root cuffs, mounted the props into the Airmaster hub and also temp. mounted the cowling to mark out the painting colour scheme.

Just waiting on the fuel manifold from the factory now and we are set for first start ...I think!

cheers
    Ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

looking good Ross!

any words of wisdom on the boot cowl as far as when to paint it? Do the mounting bolts/rivet/screws get touched up after mounting?

Now that's starting to look like a beautiful Kitfox!
    Until it picks itself up off of The runway with a little help from its builder it's still a project.
    I'm waiting for the first taxi video, and the first flight videos.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks Paul - Yes, it is still a project and starting to realise how much paper work is involved towards the end before flying!

Tim, I have left painting the boot cowl until all the wiring is finished and the firewall is closed off. I still have a couple of little things to wire in. I have prepared the windscreen so that will be ready to mount as well. In the photos, you will see that I have primed the cowlings with white primer and a coat of polytone mixed into the wet primer - all the holes and camloc fittings are in. I mounted it to mark out the stripes for final painting. I don't see there will be much need for touching up at the final fitting - unless I am missing something!? I am making a a bit of a long job of plucking up the courage to cut a hole for the exhaust to exit the fuselage though as it is difficult to get an accurate position. But watch this space as I am determined to nail that today! You are going well with yours too Tim and I enjoy following the progress. good luck!

cheers
    r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

Wow.... not long now! Light at the end of the tunnel. Are you around next week Ross? I'll be over at YBLA next week so may fly over for a sticky beak!