Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687 LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

It looks great. Congratulations!
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

Another heartfelt congratulations!

I have greatly appreciated your updates along the way, this thread is what brings me back the Team Kitfox more than anything else.

Fantastic news Ross!

Fly over the hills this weekend and come to Benalla.

She's alive, She's alive! She a beautiful creation. Don't get discouraged with the problems, it's part of flying.

I've just got my header tank fuel drain valve fixed. I got home from a flight and notice a constant drip, drip, drip. Luckily it was only a drip. Drained the fuel, ordered a replacement part, go to put it in wrong part. Order another one. Now it's windy an rain coming tomorrow.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Very nice! Veerrry NICE!! Congrats! Like the color, tires, prop, everything about it!

Regards
    Jeff

Congratz on a beautiful airplane.

I enjoyed all 83 pages of the build.
    More to come no doubt. I appreciate also the time you took to post your journey.

All the best
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Thanks again to those of you who have offered congrats since I last post.

The test flying is going well and I have managed 13hrs since last Wednesday's first flight. I have to complete 25hrs for the first phase. I met up with JOno over at Benalla today and have had a great time conducting the flight testing. The stall speeds are pretty much exactly as the 'book' values. The combo of the 912is and Airmaster 75" super stol blades give take off of about 70ft ( stepped out by observer) and 100kts TAS. Happy with that!

We also had a little hanger party this evening with friends which was fun. A friend bought his helicopter and took Gayle to fly along side and take pics and video. I think that will make a good post in a few days! Another friend arrived in his Super Cub and another in a YAK and took people for some great Aeros overhead.

Anyeay, it is fun to learn about the plane and it is performing well. I do have to work out how to get the doors closed more tightly and to stop the air rush through them! Apart from that, all fun and great to fly - have avoided having to land on any sealed runways yet!

A couple of pics from the flight this morning.

cheers ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Very nice, beautiful country , 13 hrs already lets me know you are having fun , very impressive take off and cruise numbers !

I went for a hop yesterday after sealing up some air leaks, it was -8 C , the prop swirl wants to suck the passenger R door open at the rear , I end up putting a hand towel along there. Its funny when its warm out the air is not even noticeable.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

HI Kevin - yes having lots of fun! Bit warmer here though! I have exactly the same issue at the rear of the doors - I keep looking at it and thinking there needs to be a multiple latch system to apply even pressure around the door - I am sure someone has done this but too busy flying to look it up right now - but -8 temps would a great motivator to look for a solution beyond the towel!

cheers for now

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

I remember back in the late 1990's when I traveled to Idaho to test fly the Series 5 Outback at the old Skystar. One of my after flight notes was crappy door latch system ( single latch in the bottom middle of the door) . I could push with my elbow and the back end of the door would flex open. Bad design , I would have thought that was fixed on the new models. I made a homemade dual pin latch system that has worked great and gives positive closure. Here are a few pictures I had on my computer that show the basics of the system , with a center handle that pivots in the center to pull or push the 2 rods that latch on the door jamb. Also features a keyed lock . Bruce N199CL
    Attached Images Attached Images