Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Congratulations Ross! You are so close now.

I hope to be able to start my engine in about a week too. The elevator and horizontal stab are going on today and the wings are next.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Truly motivational, Ross! Half a world away, but I can almost see you taxing around on that nice grass field.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

YAHOO! It's alive! Congrats, Ross. Did you extend the firewall for more
    peddle clearance? Just wondering what is that fabrication on Gayle's side.
    And those wires going up her side of the windshield? Sure anxious to hear
    how the 7SS Is performs. Looks like perfect spring wx for first launch. This
    side of the pond we're enjoying a typical sunny September and lots of great
    flying.

Congradulations. Your a great builder. A beautiful plane in such a short time. Quite an inspiration.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement! I have a couple of small issues ( I hope they are small!) to sort on the EMS but then onto fixing the windscreen and cowlings permanently. Turtle deck, weight and balance, a heap of paper work and checks and .......

Hey Doug, I think you are looking at the stainless 'box' blow Gayle's foot well? that is the housing for the 2 fuel pumps on the 912is. I will take a few other photos today to show the other bits that might be different on the is Vs the Ul. The wires going up the sides are for Lemo headset plugs. I wired the normal 2 pins into the panel on each side and then piggy backed the wiring from them up to the Lemo plugs - only one cord from that to the headsets and it means no headset cords around the legs (the cord runs from the memo plug aft to the little triangular baggage areas. The other cords are for GPS antenna that I have mounted up there also - I'll take some photos today.

For those of you with 912's, what sort of Max RPM should I be expected with a stationary, full throttle test? I am assuming I won't see max revs. but after a few more lower rev runs I will try a full throttle run to check that I am getting full power.

All the best with your first start too Phil - You have a little more knowledge of these things that I do (understatement!) so I imagine you won't suffer the nerves I did!

And look forward to seeing you up here in December Matt! We are getting things planned slowly. - I will make a post hear for other OZ Kitfox types who may be lurking and hopefully we can gather a little group together.

thanks again everyone - back to it now with a small headache after lat night!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Calling all OZ Kitfox Pilots!

Gathering of Moths - Mt Beatuy, Victoria, OZ 5/6th Dec, 2015

How about we make this a bit of Kitfox gathering? I don't know if there are any other Kitfox bods from OZ on this site apart from Matt, Jono, Tom and Ben? but if you are reading this, we would love to have you attend this fly in! Others welcome too of course - the emphasis is on sport flying in the mountains, appreciating other 'types' and promoting Mt Beauty as a great fly-in destination. There is a good chance that I could be flying by then too ( but will be restricted).
    Anyway, we hope to make this an annual event and in future will plan more adventures in the mountains as part of the event - who knows, there might even be enough interest for us to run a special mountain flying training program in future years!

More info:
    http://www.ymbt.org.au/gathering-of-the-moths/

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

What a day Ross!
    Its almost worth the build just for the satisfaction of taxing it around.
    I'm of work on the 5th and 6th of Dec so we will try and make it up there.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Hey Ben, yes it was worth it! And it would be great to see you over here in December - you will have finished your Kitfox by then ......

Here are a few photos that I referred to in earlier post.

The first is of the Rotax 912is fuel pump housing - 2 fuel pumps inside

the second is of the fuel manifold system required by Rotax and produced by Kitfox - it contains a manifold, a fine filter, check valve and pressure sender to indicate if the filter is becoming blocked.

The third is of a view down from above and shows the use made of the triangular sections between the framing to mount GPS antennae and spot tracker. you might also see the Lemo plug brackets up there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

Haha not likely Ross, I might be flying but it won't be the kitfox!
    Maybe next year....
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

As advised by McB I set my static full power at 5150 to 5200 for a SS7 with iS engine.
    I get very good take off performance ad seems like nice cruise economy.
    Took plane to the factory fly in at McCall, had a very nice trip. The plane has 147 hr on it now, very pleased with performance.