Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Oz build SS7 -flap and adjustable pedal levers

And another admission - the flap lever and adjustable pedal levers fit nicely and work well - however, the detent mechanisms, although fitted as per the book, take the powder coating off the levers. As I said, they work smoothly and well but rub on the internal walls of the mechanism - not the stainless console - I filed them back so they were not rubbing - anyone else had this problem? More important, a solution? Seems that they should have some sort of telflon liner in the detent mechanisms.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Oz build SS7

Pretty good day today but very windy so had to close up the hanger. fitted the brake master cylinders and all that went smoothly. I have only fitted one spring as I have to fit the cable restraints yet - We only have brakes on the left side - same set up as I had on my Mooney and never missed the right hand ones then so I see them as extra weight and complication.

Default Re: Oz build SS7

One of the nicest little jobs was fitting the four little rudder cable pulleys - really nice straight forward job with no little surprises! I like those jobs!

We've left the rudder cables to later as we have a few other small things to tidy up on the rudder assembly - like replace the RHS as explained yesterday. So on the fitting the rudder. I thought this was going to be difficult getting the three attachment points all lined up but it fairly straight forward. after setting the top and bottom rod ends to the specified spacing, I used a sting line through the top and bottom one and measured the required set- off for the middle one and hey presto! fitted like a glove - just need to do the 25 degree setting tomorrow and then on the vertical stabiliser fairings. Gayle will be back working with me this week so that will be good - she is really neat with the hysol fillets where I get it everywhere!

Unhappy Re: Oz build SS7

Just for info my flap lever is the same and it is annoying I have left mine as is
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can't see an obvious isolation for that. The tolerances are very tight. I am surprised there is not a Teflon type runner built into the mechanism to protect the leavers. Fully functional. Just looks a bit sad.

Where are you building in London?

Cheers

Ross

Rosslr don't get into a hurry to set the rudder 25 degree travel. Chances are when you get the fiberglass rudder post fairings on (and even the fabric covering) you will find a need to readjust those 3 rod ends for proper clearance; this will change the 25 degree travel stops!

Jim

Smile Re: Oz build SS7

Hi
    I am building just south of Gatwick airport in a town called Horsham West Sussex.
    Spent my early years in Australia (Melbourne) from my memory lots of light aircraft flying and great flying weather!
    Dave
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

I agree about the rudder travel,you will need to adjust the hinges to get clearance in places I have three layers of fabric especially at the lower end of the fairing.
    Dave
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks for the comments on the Rudder angle Jim and Dave - But too Late! Oh well, can take more off or weld some back on if needed! will worry about that down the track.

Yes David, different flying here I suspect. We are in Victoria but up near the boarder in the mountains - not much air traffic around here at all and lots of great flying locally, and as you you know, as we head inland there is a lot of not much at all! Thanks for you comments anyway.

Ross