Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Mass balance weights

Default Mass balance weights

The instructions for mounting the mass balance weights on the ss7 don't give a measurement of where to drill the 4 center holes. The diagram shows them centered above the spar but if i follow the edge distance and distance between holes it puts them 1.5in behind the spar. ken

Default Re: Mass balance weights

Hello Ken,
    On page 65 of my instructions there is a specific warning not to drill into the spar. Your instructions may differ but, 1.5 inches behind the spar is about where I drilled the holes.

I've yet to permanently mount the weights but, the holes are drilled and ready.

Thanks for the quick reply and pic tom. My instructions are the same i just don't understand why the diagram shows the holes directly over the spar. I've been following your build and your coming along nicely. ken

Hello Ken,
    Good to see you progressing. Maybe, one day, we'll have a "Florida Fox Squadron."
    Tom