Before i got married,.... I would pick up unfinished ultralight kits at a decent price, and finish them, fly them for 10/20 hrs then sell them, did that for a while, got lucky once, bought 3 planes for $500.00 and had 1 sold for $10k before i got it back to the airport, .... Then,... I got married,... We have 4 great kids between the 2 of us, 2 hers 1 mine 1 ours, the youngest, at 8 has got about 15 hrs flying with me, none of the others like flying, so,... I'm getting closer to getting another plane of my own, as long as life doesnt throw another preverbial wrench in the works
I miss my ole kitfox and still kick myself for selling it, but that preverbial wrench ratcheted back and life demanded that I sell everything I owned to finance finding my first daughter, no regrets, she was found, took 4 years to find her and 3 years of court , and I would do it again if need be, she is 18 now and got a good start on life so it's just a matter of time now, the right deal, the right time.... Patiently waiting