Hello everyone. When I started building I was trying to find info on Hysol before I dove in so I thought I would show everyone my method here for the beginner. Everyone has different ways to do this I'm sure but for me this is the quickest and cleanest way. If you have another method feel free to share.

Step 1: Container

I find dixie cups too flexible and they fall apart while mixing. Yogurt containers are good but I seem to run out quick. So I use three chopped down solo cups. once they are cut down they are too flexible to stir aggressively so I use three.

I cut them all so its shallow enough to mix.

I now have three.

I weight the one and take note of weight.

Then I weigh the other.

I always put the black part in first for my base weight. It is harder to scoop and move so I will put a chunk in there and then try to match the weight part to that weight.

Measure the black

Scoop up the white.

Measure. Remembering that this cup weighed a gram more. I'm sure a gram doesnt matter but I like to match it. The white part is easy to add or subtract.

Once I am happy with the weights I scoop the white part into the black part (Remember the white is easier to handle)

I then stack all three cups and stir until ready.

I find my favourite way of applying it is with the white syringes that kitfox sells. I have reused them over 20 times before I throw them out.

Another thing you will notice is that I use two stainless butter knives. i like them better than tongue depressors. They are sturdier and they wipe clean super easily. Then I reuse them. Just make sure you dont accidentally use the same knife in two different parts . I'm sure it's happened. When I am finished I clean up everything I want to keep with a shop towel damped in methyl Hydrate and throw out the used solo cups.

Try not to make too big of a batch but you don't want to run out in the middle of a project either. You will get the hang of how much you need after a while. I flag areas that need a little bit of hysol but not enough to make a batch, when I have extra I get all those spots.

Lets see what everyone else does.