Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Esser's Build

Default Re: Esser's Build

It is nice, but not absolutely necessary, to drill and rivet the alum strip to the rib before you put on the final finish tape. This hides the rivet heads nicely.

Also, after you get all the fabric and paint on the rib, the wingtip joint will be more uneven than it is now. One way to fix this is to put a shim strip of something (I used some of the windshield self adhesive thin foam) on the aluminum strip before you slip on the wingtip.

Jim

I tried to get to my fuselage yesterday which is in the back shed....Looks like i'll have to wait til spring to pull it out.

It snows in Canada too?

Maybe just put a bigger engine in the John Deere Josh!?

OK, a long over due update.

The fuselage is still in the shed and the wings are still in the basement. I really haven't touched her in 8 months due to a series of life events.

But don't fear, momentum will be gained soon as I have partnered up with another local Edmontonian who is an AME (Canadian A&P). We have decided to go halves on the project and I know Daniel will be a great partner! I am sure he will have an account on teamkitfox shortly.

We have just acquired a used 914 with 75 hours on her and an Airmaster prop with Warpdrive blades. The guy who previously owned flipped his Pelican and it had a prop strike. The engine was sent to Rotech where the entire engine was torn down and gone through. The same treatment happened at Airmaster so we are very confident we will have no issues.

We also acquired a bunch of instruments and components in the deal so my initial panel ideas will change since we have so many instruments. One of the items we have is a Grand Rapids EFIS. I would love to hear if anyone has any experience or thoughts about this unit.

We are really excited about this set up and I think with this engine and prop combo the plane will be a blast especially in the rocky Mountains.

We won't be picking everything up for a couple weeks but here are a couple pictures.

Pelican Firewall

Airmaster Hub

Warpdrive blades

914 in the crate from Rotech

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi ,

Good for you on finding the 914 and Airmaster prop, that should be a nice combination.

I am curious on what the combo cost you ?
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Too much snow & cold.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Those look great, Josh! The Airmaster sure looks like a good prop to me. I think you'll do real well with that combination!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Hey Josh! Great to see you back - it has prompted me to become active again and I too will post an update today.

Great combo there - that would be my choice if I could find an affordable option like you have found. As for the Grand rapids EFIS - does it have remote ADHS and compass also? I found that a fair bit of thought was needed to find good placement for both of these. Anyway, best wishes for moving the project forward and look forward to more updates.

cheers
    ross
    Mt Beauty
    OZ

I see you purchased th 914 turbo you posted, you will love flying behind that engine.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas