I have had one experience with the LP windshield while helping on the Series V that was here for a while. I bought my drills from Tap Plastics and had no trouble there, but the fit was terrible around the spar bends. I had read of the horror stories and we were in a serious sweat while installing it. One thing the instructions caution about is letting the windshield sit on it's own weight. What we did there was lay the windshield on a large plastic garbage can to reducesome of the stretching forces between windshield and skylight portions of the acrylic. I also contacted LP but by email and after surmising a black hole swalled my email was surprized that after a couple of weeks they wrote back. The result was advice that the windshield was likely of an old design as they had improved the plug mold. What we had to do to get it installed was make a couple of fairly complex fiberglass fairings to close out the sort of ugly wing root area and to improve the fit at the door posts, a set of tapered shims that were about a quarter inch thick at the top tapering to nothing at the bottom. I can only imagine the cracks if we had forced the fit at the top sides of the windshield portion. Incidentally, the tech from LP said you could use heat to help, but with the warning that the acrylic has a memory and too much heat would cause it to want to return to a flat sheet.

I also like the Lexan.
Lowell