here is what I do. I turn the prop over until it burps. I remove the lid off my oil tank. I put about 3 rags right at the middle of the engine. Set the lid on those rags. I take a suck gun and suck out all the oil. I also set my screen in a flat pan on the floor. I suck out the oil and put it in a 1gal jug. than I'll take a rag and wipe out the tank, I use those blue rags you buy at costco or a parts store. Than I take the filter off, it drains into the flat pan on the floor. I take new oil and fill the new filter, sometimes takes a couple tries, soaks in. Than I take new oil and fill the oil tank to the level it was before, about 2 inches from the top. Than I put the screen in and put the lid back on. I now take the filter and put that on, I have the drain pan under it still any drips go in there. I'm done, I don't take any lines off, why, you only get about half a cup or less anyway. big deal. I jump in the plane and turn it over with the mags off, up comes the pressure. I'm done. That easy. No mess. than I take the plane out of the hangar and run it, than recheck the level.