Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DOH! Kitfox on the beach

Default Re: DOH! Kitfox on the beach

I am reading EVERY SINGLE THREAD on here, and learning a bunch, when I came across this thread! HISTORY!!!!!

In April 1969 I arrived at Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah to transition in Cobra gunships; with me was my 1968 dune buggy. Classy dang VW chasis with a Porsche engine and drive train out of a wrecked 911. Chrome roll bars, candy apple red over silver metal flake.. a trip!

For about a month I drove on the beach, never fast, never with the crowds there... AND!!!.... no one ever said a word to me. I went off to Vietnam for a year (to serve with the 1/9th Cav, Head Hunters, First Cavalry Division, for my fellow vets info.)

When I returned at the end of the year, driving on the beach was STRICTLY prohibited... HUGE signs at every entry point. NO DRIVING, and boy did they mean it.

That has always made me smile... all they had to do was ask me not to do it, and I would have stopped immediately! They went the route of an ordinance to keep me and followers off the beach... and now this??!! Ahhh
    How did they get from dune buggies to aircraft??!! I'd read the exact wording of the ordinance!!

Take care out there, and fly safe!

It did look familiar: "May 23, 2010"
    http://www.13wmaz.com/video/87685886...Plane-on-Beach
    I think it was CDE2FLY training under a false identity.

More oldie beach flying movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B59NnyxuC4w