Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: kitfox III wing tanks

Default kitfox III wing tanks

I recently bought a project plane (not running) and when I put fuel in the right tank (13 gal, 2 compartment) the inside tank began to leak. After cutting the fabric and finding the leak it appears to be coming from a seal between the sump (black part) and the main tank (white). Can anyone shed some info on how these 2 pieces are sealed together and how I can fix the leak? I don't think the tank has ever been used. I smeared some blue rtv where it was leaking to show the location.see attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: kitfox III wing tanks

I haven't heard of this type of tank arrangement on a Model III. Mine has a 13 gal tank in each wing. I have a distant recollection of 6 gal tanks, but I've never seen one. I can't make out much from the picture.

Know that any tank from that era did not have Ethanol resistant resin so no Ethanol gas should ever be used, or leaks will occur.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med