Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Kitfox and aviation to an extent, have lots of questions...

Default Re: New to Kitfox and aviation to an extent, have lots of questions...

So it looks like I'll be taking the plane to Vertex Aviation in Arlington Wa in March so they can do the conditional.

Hopefully, you'll be able to get involved doing the condition inspection. It's a great opportunity to get to know your aircraft in better detail.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Yeah I'm going to try to for sure. I brought the plane home last week so I have had a bit of time to just look around at everything and try to familiarize myself but looking over it with someone that really knows what to look for would be much more helpful.

Tim,

One of the most useful things you can do to educate yourself about the inner workings of the aircraft is to review whatever documentation the previous owner/builder provided with the sale of the aircraft. You will come ionto the inspection as an asset to the A & P doing the job

Go over the logbooks for the airplane in detail. Also the FAA issued limitations.

If the original build manual for the airplane came with it - do study that. Kitfox has one of the better detailed build manuals in the kit industry.

Some builders will incorporate an equipment list when they build/finish the aircraft - that helps with understanding what to look for on the parts that have been included in the build in addition to what was provided by the kit builder (like the ELT info if it has a 406, etc). Also helps tracking down where to get parts needed for that equipment.

Cheers and enjoy your new to you aircraft
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

The previous owner gave me several very well organized binders including the build instructions, I will definitely go over those and all the rest of the paperwork he has given me. Thanks for the advice!