Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Early Year Series 7 vs Current Year Series 7

Default Early Year Series 7 vs Current Year Series 7

Are there any major differences between an early(2006) series 7 and a current(2023) series 7?

The only difference I can find is regarding the trim; manual vs electric jackscrew.

TIA

Default Re: Early Year Series 7 vs Current Year Series 7

Odie,

There are a few other differences, minor convenience items, etc.

Kitfox squared off the top of the rudder as opposed to the earlier 7s which had a rounded off top on the rudder. I think this is pretty much a branding item to differentiate the current manufacturer's product from the past.

Standard wingtips are different.

One really good item is the inclusion of tabs welded to the tubing frame the seat sits on - makes it really simple to install or remove the seat.

The current model, I believe, incorporates a two piece push-pull tube for the elevator allowing a lower floor in the baggage area.

There are extra cost options available for steel streamlined lift struts and HS struts as opposed to the rounded lift struts which required a plastic airfoil for streamlining.

Certainly more options on engines and accessories compared to 20 years ago.

There may be other items I am not aware of.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Default Re: Early Year Series 7 vs Current Year Series 7

Fiberglass leading edge option for the wings. Heavier duty aluminum radiator. More tire and suspension options. Reinforced tailwheel mount. Quick-build wing option. These are a few more changes that come to mind.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS