Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Skystar CG Envelope

Default Skystar CG Envelope

Can anyone direct me where to find the CG envelope for the Skystar Model 7? Is it the same as the Current aircraft? Any help is appreciated!

Default Re: Skystar CG Envelope

Quote Originally Posted by BillCuster View Post
    Can anyone direct me where to find the CG envelope for the Skystar Model 7? Is it the same as the Current aircraft? Any help is appreciated!
    Bill,

The preferred way to know this for sure is having the specific build manual that came with a particular Kit; however, our kit, which is an early S7 from the period of time you indicated has a CG range of 9.5" - 16".
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

I’ve been seeing different numbers around too and wondering. Mine says 11.4” and 16” but I’ve also seen the 9.5” number. I have a 7 super sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

[QUOTE=Benbell4140;109133]I’ve been seeing different numbers around too and wondering. Mine says 11.4” and 16” but I’ve also seen the 9.5” number. I have a 7 super sport.

I believe the envelope is different if a person has the forward swept wings or a heavier engine.

Frankly, I don't know how in the heck a person could possibly exceed the forward limit at 9.5" if there was any gas and a pilot on board!

I am wondering if the later versions (Supersport/John Mcbeantime) limit the forward number in order to better get the tail down when landing with monster tires. The three point landing attitude with big tires is steeper than with the traditional 600/6 size. The change to an adjustable stabilizer for trim as opposed to the manual tab system also provides a bit more appropriate landing attitude to get the nose up over big tires - the nose up trim with the manual tab trim blanks out part of the up elevator authority - just fine for a nose gear but not optimal for big tires on a tailwheel..
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN