Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: S7 Rudder Cable Pulleys

Default S7 Rudder Cable Pulleys

I'm starting my build of the "Owyhee Fox" and I've run into the first item that doesn't make sense to me. In the reaming process the build manual (Rev D Dtd 1/23) it calls to ream the the rudder cable pulley mounting holes to .3125", the problem is they're already close to 3/8" with the powder coat still in the bore. I inserted the pulley with the called out AN5 bolt and there's a bunch of slop since the hole "appears" oversized from the factory. I'm probably overthinking this but is this normal and has anyone else encountered this?

Default Re: S7 Rudder Cable Pulleys

Mine is the same... I just got my rudder pedals mounted yesterday, so had not gotten to installing the pulleys at this point yet.
    Mike Davis
    Fairbanks, AK
    Kitfox Series 7 SS (received kit on 18 April 2023) N967MD reserved
    Rotax 916iS received, still waiting on MTV-6-R propeller
    Build log - https://n967md.dcsol.com
    Murphy Moose #195 (sold)
    1968 C150H still flying regularly
    Quicksilver MX built and registered as experimental (destroyed in wind storm)

Default Re: S7 Rudder Cable Pulleys

Questions like this I would just send Brandon a message and he is pretty quick to respond. I recall ours needing to be reamed. I don't think there will be an issue with some play on the pulleys but checking with the factory and letting them know about this so they can correct things if needed.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!