Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: is this a cover for trailering ?

Default is this a cover for trailering ?

mystery cover.jpg

this cover came with the project, looks like it's never been used .. it's not quite wide enough to cover the turtledeck openning ...
    finally got this project to the ready for flight stage, done lots of test runs in the field, tail up taxi for a couple of seconds before having to throttle back .. so it's time to go to the bigger fields an hour away .. but have to wait for dry roads, spray on the exterior will be bad enough, but certainly don't want the interior coated as well ..
    I've seen mention of a cover for trailering, but the tightening straps and narrow width are suggesting this is for something else ..
    did somebody say there is no such thing as a stupid question?

Default Re: is this a cover for trailering ?

I have no idea what that really is, but we used something exactly like it to secure Camo Netting after folding up.
    There could be one guy on the forum that covers his plane somehow while trailering. I know of nothing out there that people use other than the custom cover that I heard of once. The cover that Kitfox has is not usable for transport.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X