Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 oil cooler

Default 912 oil cooler

I have a rotax 912 on a kitfox iv. The oil cooler is mounted under the gear box up front. It is leaking oil from the fins so I need to replace it. It is 11" wide, 3" tall and about 1.5" deep. Kitfox is looking into options for me because no one makes this actual oil cooler any longer so I'll need to do some modifications to put a new one on. Just reaching out to see if anyone has an old oil cooler sitting around that would fit my plane that you'd part with? Long shot, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Default Re: 912 oil cooler

Is the leak something a local auto radiator shop would be able to repair?

I tried some local shops and no one thought they could repair. I got one ordered from kitfox. Only downside is the they aren't sure how soon they can get me one, but at least I'm heading in the right direction

20220516_144528.jpg20220516_144549.jpg

I have this. Not sure what it was for. I gave $25 to use on a project that didn't happen. I think it's never been used. If you think you can use it, $25 plus shipping from zip 32062.
    Ken
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind