Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Quick build wing question?

Default Quick build wing question?

Starting on my wing I have the quick build wing option & factory set to fuselage STI kit and after watching Farmfox and 7Kilofox YouTube videos the manual states that you install the wing on the fuselage and then install your lift strut brackets.

But after watching the videos those guys show thats unnecessary.

So can I install my lift strut brackets & spar reinforcement brackets before mounting the wings? Just double checking as its an important piece. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Default Re: Quick build wing question?

I've private messaged you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon thanks for the message!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SNOW JW View Post
    Starting on my wing I have the quick build wing option & factory set to fuselage STI kit and after watching Farmfox and 7Kilofox YouTube videos the manual states that you install the wing on the fuselage and then install your lift strut brackets. But after watching the videos those guys show thats unnecessary. So can I install my lift strut brackets & spar reinforcement brackets before mounting the wings? Just double checking as its an important piece.
    I'm at the same point, same build options on an SS7, and have the same question.

Thanks,

Steve

First of all..... Don't listen to much that 7kilo offers in the videos. He did a lot of things that made the build harder than it needed to be, and in some cases, flat out did things wrong.

As far as the lift strut brackets..... As long as the factory Pre-rig option was selected, you can use the pre-drilled holes to align the brackets, clamp them to the spar with hose clamps and continue drilling the holes, being cautious not to hit the insert, and using clecos as you go. Then you can proceed to debur and then install the brackets.

Hope that helps

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the speedy response. I do watch lots of videos, but pick and choose which feedback and advice to follow. Lots of time there are tidbits that I find helpful, and sometimes there are fantastic hints about what not to do .

As a general rule, I follow the manual very closely and stick to the sequence presented therein. That said, I did find the manual section on wings to be a bit confusing for the quick-build/pre-rigged strut bracket option.

Your advice is helpful, and I know what my next steps are.

Best,

Steve