Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Form 8050-88 - Registering Kitfox

Default Form 8050-88 - Registering Kitfox

What is the very first box U.S. Identification used for?

Default Re: Form 8050-88 - Registering Kitfox

I believe its your N Number. At least that's what I put in that blank.
    Last edited by Jerrytex; 02-09-2022 at 06:00 PM.

If you have access to KitPlanes online issue archive, the March 2021 issue has an article with block by block guide to complete the online registration application form.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrytex View Post
    I believe its your N Number. At least that's what I put in that blank.
    Thanks Jerry. I have a N number reserved but the aircraft is not yet registered. Was curious if I should put it in some of those fields or leave blank and then state I would like to use my reserved N#

This is the best online help aid that that I used for getting my AWC. It answers most of the how to questions.
    https://www.kitplanes.com/navigating...ation-program/
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos

Quote Originally Posted by rv9ralph View Post
    If you have access to KitPlanes online issue archive, the March 2021 issue has an article with block by block guide to complete the online registration application form.

Ralph
    Wish I did. Want to make sure I don't have to resubmit. Also i'm the third owner of this kit. I have the original receipt from the first owner from 97 and a bill of sale from the second owner but no bill of sale from the original to the second owner. I read other posts and looks like some had success selecting built from parts and others submitting the Kitfox Bill of Sale Issue writeup letter. FAA shows to change the Bill of sale 8050-2 from Bill of Sale to Kit of sale but then is everyone supposed to sign? Will I have to mail this around to try and get everyone's signature or just sign myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox Pilot View Post
    This is the best online help aid that that I used for getting my AWC. It answers most of the how to questions.
    https://www.kitplanes.com/navigating...ation-program/
    Thanks Harlan! Congrats on your plane! Looks great!

I had an N number reserved and listed it box 1. I checked the N number look up site and it is assigned to me. I put it on all the forms that I sent to the FAA and I had no issues with it.

However, I have an early kit with no bill of sale. I sent the letter that kitfox has on their site along with all the PPWK to get the registration going and ran into some issues. The first examiner sent me a letter with a list of things he wanted added to "bill of sale" (which I did not have) I "complied" and sent it back in. I then I got a call from another examiner that said what the original examiner requested was wrong and she requested that I do what she stated in her letter which entailed crossing through some wording. Still waiting on that PPWK. Fingers crossed. I did find the FAA to be very helpful and felt like they wanted to help me get the PPWK right.

If you have the original bill of sale from kitfox, it would probably be easier get/find that missing transaction. If the the Serial # has ever been entered in to the FAA database, they might know more than you do on the history of the kit.

Thanks Harlan for the link to the AWC process. That definitely changed since the last time I got an AWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrytex View Post
    I had an N number reserved and listed it box 1. I checked the N number look up site and it is assigned to me. I put it on all the forms that I sent to the FAA and I had no issues with it.

However, I have an early kit with no bill of sale. I sent the letter that kitfox has on their site along with all the PPWK to get the registration going and ran into some issues. The first examiner sent me a letter with a list of things he wanted added to "bill of sale" (which I did not have) I "complied" and sent it back in. I then I got a call from another examiner that said what the original examiner requested was wrong and she requested that I do what she stated in her letter which entailed crossing through some wording. Still waiting on that PPWK. Fingers crossed. I did find the FAA to be very helpful and felt like they wanted to help me get the PPWK right.

If you have the original bill of sale from kitfox, it would probably be easier get/find that missing transaction. If the the Serial # has ever been entered in to the FAA database, they might know more than you do on the history of the kit.

Thanks Harlan for the link to the AWC process. That definitely changed since the last time I got an AWC.
    Thank you for the explanation. I can't use the Harlan link just yet. Have to get the registration done first per the article. So does everyone the kit passed through have to sign the bill of sale? That's def not going to happen. The original purchaser is out of New Orleans and his son said they don't have a mailbox, computer or cell phones. Just the landline and the father wouldn't get on the phone with me. The person I purchased it from no longer responds so its going to be difficult. I do have the original invoice and the bill of sale from the second seller so hopefully thats enough.

EAA sells a nice information packet that walks you thru the registration process. Tells you step by step what to do and not to do. I did this and sent my paperwork along with the letter Kitfox has on their site. Received the registration about ten days latter, no questions asked.