Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flaperon Travel Question

Default Flaperon Travel Question

Looking for opinions. I have a model 2 with model 4 wings, flaperons, and mixer. The 4 should have 25 degrees up whereas I have 21-22 degrees. My understanding is that the 4 has 30-50% higher roll rate than the 1-3 and the speed wing (that I have) is even more. My DAR isn't happy about the 20 degrees but I maintain that the lower roll rate isn't an issue and that it will make the plane easier to fly - not as twitchy. Thoughts?

Default Re: Flaperon Travel Question

IMO, you won't be changing your roll rate with this new setting. Unless of course your able to apply full deflection of the flight controls. In flight, I don't believe I ever use full deflection unless Im near stall. So Your 20 degrees and short wings and my 25 degrees with standard wings are still going to have different roll rates since neither of us will likely be inputting those parameters in flight. Now, full deflection inputs, I agree, your going to slow the rate of roll without that addtl 5 degrees you have removed.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X