Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: radiator shutters

Default radiator shutters

Hi all, I bought a Kitfox radiator from a guy and he said there was a shutter there as well, and he would throw it in. I got them today. Both never used. Here are pictures of the shutters. Does anyone recognize who made them, has a picture of them put together or better yet, assembly instructions of the shutters. I've done some searching on this site, and didn't find any. Thanks, JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: radiator shutters

Is that one of the ones from Highwing (Lowell)?
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I agree! That looks exactly like the shutter kit I received from Highwing. It was for my oil cooler. Very nicely made. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to install it due to my oil cooler located to closely to the cowl. I would have to move the oil cooler back (which I might do) or have to modify my cowl.

Thanks guys, Keith, do you have a picture of it put together or some assembly instructions on how to assemble it? Thanks, JImChuk

Jim,
    I may have both. Let me check, might be a day or two as I have it buried in the back of my hangar. Fairly easy to assemble, line everything up, and then the vanes need to be epoxied. I will get a picture and text it to you.