I have vg's that I put on some 15 years ago. I only have them at 10% cord because that's what the kit said to do. can't say they did much except irritate me when I wash the wing. I'll leave them there because I'm use to it the way it is. I have speedster wings and a bunch of other things. I love the way my fox is. I have vg's on the horizontal along with the gaps sealed. I have elevator trim, electric. my plane will drop out at 40 just off the runway, so in ground effect. I never use flaps, why? I like the control and there is less to do when landing, I also generally do major slips with short approaches. I can generally do about 5 t and g's to most everybody else's 1. they are that short. yesterday I went to my rodeo field to do t and g's ( lots of holes and other junk) I wanted to see if I could do a wheels for landing. Ha! are you kidding. bounced about 4 times, not my fault, and just powered up and went around. my thoughts, I was faster, yes about 5mph for the wheels. that was enough for a rodeo ride for sure. I came back around and did a 3 point with it stalling out about 2 feet off, very nice predictable tail first and mains afterward, was slower by 5mph. hit the brakes and slide about 50 feet, oh there was snow on it as well. anyway, I have the grove gear maybe that made the wheels unpredictable and awful. but with the 3 point it was very nice and the holes and uneven ground didn't matter. my take, even with the slide I was stopped in 200ft. I don't need anything more than that. like said above, trent and the boys are extreme flyers and it actually reminds me of my old snowmobile days where guys had to do the straight up 500ft climbs, that riding use to scare the snit out of me, I wouldn't do that crap either.