Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Model IV Edge Performance EFI, Panel, and Other Miscellaneous Upgrades

Default Re: Model IV Edge Performance EFI, Panel, and Other Miscellaneous Upgrades

What's the total weight of this package?

Default Re: Model IV Edge Performance EFI, Panel, and Other Miscellaneous Upgrades

149.91lb and about 48.5lb lighter than the 915 installed

Double bump then with the HP upgrade, and the Power to Weight ratio. V nice.

Part 3 is up!

ENGINE INSTALL | 165hp Engine Install, Cowling mods, Taxi test - BUILD Part 3
    https://youtu.be/Tah9Fnuk7Tc

Update to the project.

1. Panel is completed and now on to installing avionics and wiring.
    a. Paint was a textured Rustoleum.
    b. Etching was done using a homemade CNC.

2. Update to the Aveo Dayburst LED lights and mount modification.
    a. Paint was a matte black enamel Rustoleum.
    b. I cutout some cardboard templates traced them out on some fiberglass and bonded the cutouts with JB Weld. Sanded and painted. Viola!
    c. To wire the lights I'm going to use JST SM 4 Pin connectors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Panel.jpgPanel Textured Paint.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the panel in the CNC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Podunc View Post
    Update to the project.

1. Panel is completed and now on to installing avionics and wiring.
    a. Paint was a textured Rustoleum.
    b. Etching was done using a homemade CNC.

2. Update to the Aveo Dayburst LED lights and mount modification.
    a. Paint was a matte black enamel Rustoleum.
    b. I cutout some cardboard templates traced them out on some fiberglass and bonded the cutouts with JB Weld. Sanded and painted. Viola!
    c. To wire the lights I'm going to use JST SM 4 Pin connectors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Panel.jpgPanel Textured Paint.jpg
    Looking Great!

Lots to update on SpiritFox.

Updates are as follows:
    1. Got the engine mount gusseted. I up-cycled the oil tank mounts that I cut off to make the gussets.
    2. Cut the old oil tank mounting brackets off and relocated new mounting brackets to the port side.
    3. Media blasted my engine mount as well as primed and painted with Dupli-Color Engine Enamel and Ceramic that I got from Advanced Auto Parts store. https://www.duplicolor.com/product/e...-with-ceramic/
    4. Panel is installed. Yay! But have to finish up the wiring.
    5. Hall sensor installed.
    6. Found adapter to the FlyBox 601040 Fuel pressure transducer with 2.0 m cable + fitting.
    a. Normally the sensor gets turned down on a lathe by Jason Busat to 1/8" NPT (no flare) so that it can mate up to the fuel port.
    b. I'm not good with a lathe, and I couldn't find anyone I trusted to turn down a 98 Euro sensor with a cord attached on a lathe. so I found this adapter from McMaster-Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/1786N203.
    c. The fuel pressure transducer is male 1/4" BSPP and the port the transducer has to go into is a female 1/8" NPT. The part # 1786N203 from McMaster-Carr is a brass fitting adapter that will do the trick. Additionally, I'll use PTFE thread compound to seal up the threads on the 1/8" NPT side and there is a grean seal provided on the sensor for the 1/4" BSPP side.
    7. Installed two new ignition coil packs. $900 for two of these bad boys. Rotax is sure proud of their stuff.
    8. Wired up and finished installing my Aveo Powerburst Daylight LEDs. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...powerburst.php

More Pictures to follow
    Eng Mnt.jpgOil Tank Mnt.jpgTop Gussets.jpgPrimer 1.jpg

Installed panel pictures. The Aera 660 mounts above the GTR-200. The Ipad Mount is from Guardian Avionics with the USB lightning port only for the Ipad with the fan.

Panel no radios.jpgGuardian Avionics.jpgAera 660 Barewire connector.jpg

My apology for the sideways picture.
    Pilot View.jpgCopilot View.jpgG5 Vigilus FlyBox.jpgCircuit Breaker Pnl.jpgGTR200 GTX335.jpg