Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox owners group on Facebook

Default Re: Kitfox owners group on Facebook

Jeez, I put a smiley in my post. Some younger kids need to develop a sense of humor. That is best done by putting down the computer and going out and socializing face to face.

TahoeTim i'm with you. I'm 50 yrs old, never signed up facebook and never will.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

It's been interesting and as of right now in the small time since the group has been started it is up to 328 members from every corner of the globe. Interestingly enough several were never members of this forum and were directed here for more info.

As far as the correct tool for the job I don't see it as one or the other but simply a different kind of tool to use in conjunction.

Facebook can be a chick tool. My wife uses it for that. I don't, but it is a very powerful tool to connect with people with similar interests. I even use it now to advertise my business.

I too like to socialize with people face to face but since there is no one within several hours drive of me to talk airplanes with now I can connect with a member from Australia, Germany, and Africa while having my morning cup of coffee.

So far it's been very successful and there have been some incredible photos and flight videos posted. It's a great group of international enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Esser View Post
    Well considering it is International Women's Day, your misogynistic and gender stereotypes are definitely proving you are old.

Wow. All I saw in the Post by TahoeTim was humor. What you read into it, and your response, is a fair representation of what keeps me away from FB.

By the way, your post was a much better example of stereotyping than was Tim's. I could, of course, be way off base here since I am so old (52). I may also be misogynistic. I need to see what it is before I decide.

Esser, you were kidding.............Correct?

Wow! Im with you old guys. I just turned 48 this month. Have never and never will be on FB. This is the only social media site I have ever joined and didnt even know it was considered a social media until it too got me a slant eye by a vender who was not happy with what I posted once. Nice thing was, he emailed me and dealt with the issue very nicely. And for International Womens Day.... we in the US have not really ever heard of it the best I can tell. All the women I work with at the hospital were saying "What"? I just learned that there is an International Mens Day as well in Novemeber. I say What!? Get back to work...
    Hows that for grumpy?

I'm catching up to you guys. I just turned 40 last weekend.

Im on facebook, but likely will not friend the Kitfox site - just me. I am not a prolific contributor to facebook, more like a rare contributor. However, I recently found a high school buddy I havent seen in 50 years living near where my wife grew up in the midwest. Smiley face for that one. Also I recently found one of our own, an active builder, is now recovering from a rather serious heart attack - Rarely learn about such things on forums such as this one. I probably spend ten minutes a day on FB mostly seeing what friends and family are doing and it does give a chance to learn about a few more personal things.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

I think the facebook media is more geared towards sharing your experience with videos and photos. It is not meant as a knowledge source like here where you can search.

I plan to share videos and my adventures there with hope to inspire others.
    Alex

I hear you. I haven't been a huge contributer to the group since it was started. Namely because I've been putting an addition on my house and haven't had time lately to work on the plane. Basically I've just been adding members that want to join and keeping the feed free from spam.

It's mostly just a bunch of pictures and videos. Most of the technical questions are referred to this site.

I think it's great, Greg. However, I am 68 and that's not a factor for me, and I don't do Facebook either... my wife seems to be on it enough for both of us, and probably a couple of other people too. She keeps me up to date on the family things that I care about, and a bunch of other crap that I usually don't care about, but she's indispensable so I'll keep her.
    Maybe getting older does have something to do with it. You realize how short life really is, and maybe I'm too easily distracted and have too many irons in the fire. For me, I realize that Facebook, for example, is amazingly full of distractions, and I spend too much time as it is on the computer and my iPad. I get all of the focused info that I personally need from this and other forums, without the siren-song of the amazing amount of everything on Facebook. I could change my mind... finding old friends, like Lowell did, would be one reason. Sounds like it's successful, and I'm glad... we need as much camaraderie and airplane "stuff" as we can get to foster aviation. You're obviously younger and have more energy, so you can do both... stay active on this forum also, so that we can keep track of you!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime