Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best ANR headset for 912 Kitfox?

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Thumbs up Re: Best ANR headset for 912 Kitfox?

Bose A20 gets my vote.

I tried a pair of Lightspeed Zulus, they cut the noise good .
    when hooked to my phone by bluetooth people could not understand me , it was like I was talking underwater. different phones may have different results.

I wanted that feature so I then tried the Bose A20 and they are real good. Fit nice , maybe slightly bigger ear cuffs, can't say any negative about them except the price, but you usually get what you pay for, in this case quality.

With the Bose A20 , I have had people comment on how clear I sound on radio calls. Now is this the mike or the radio or the whole setup ?
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Default Re: Best ANR headset for 912 Kitfox?

Looks like Clarity Aloft is not the only player in the earbud headset market:
    http://www.quiettechnologies.com/

Lots of good reviews on the web over the Quiet Tech Halo headset and it's much less expensive.

The biggest issue I had with my clarity's is from the pressure it exerts on the inside of the ear canal. After wearing them for 6 hours at a time day after day, it would really get uncomfortable. I'm not sure where you can get them in the civilian world, but we (USAF) use these and have custom molded inserts made that are shaped to the users ear. This relieved the pressure and didn't reduce the noise reduction.

But in my plane I still use the Bose A20 and BoseX. They are easier for passengers and provide awesome noise cancelling for my spam can megaphone

I wear hearing aids, it is a welcomed break getting those damned things out of my ear. . I'm not willing to pull out the hearing aids and then jam those things back in, I usually welcome the break from having them in my ears.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I put my PFX control up by the wing tank. The two bad things for me is the size of the control & the 4 AA batteries that have a 20 hour life. After flying up from Texas, and about 5 hours of use in Idaho, the batteries died.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I have a friend who has flown with both the PFX and the Zulu2. He liked the Zulu 2 better than the newer PFX for mainly the reasons you have stated. He ended up purchasing the Zulu 2.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I love my Zulu 2's. I can't understand why Lightspeed went so big with the PFX controller. Their claims that it's to incorporate all the improved technology is a bunch of bull. I think they've lost their way for a bit.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

I'm going to trade in my Zulu for the Zulu2, and probably use that as my primary headset.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I purchased a Zulu 2 and love it. The controller is small and the batteries (two AA) last about 40 hours. I also like the Bose which I used while training with Stick & Rudder, but it is somewhat more money.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS