Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norm's Model IV covering Progress

Default Norm's Model IV covering Progress

Made some progress on my Model IV. Installed wires to the tail and through the vertical stab so I could cover. The wires might feed a strobe on the top of the tail for visibility. Then again might not but with the wire in I have the options open. Another wire goes to the back that might feed trim servos. Hard to say. My current plane I have lights in the wingtips that have been there for 6 yrs and never hooked up so who knows but I like to keep my options open.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Norm's Model IV covering Progress

Covered the sides and tail and put it away for today. Notice the snowblower safely tucked away under the tail. Chinook for the past couple days and the snow is melting but if I didn't have the snowblower I figure we'd get 10 ft of snow, so its my insurance against a big dump like the east coast got

So Far the back is uncovered. North of 49 is coming by for a visit tomorrow and in order to show him the Stewarts System I am leaving the last piece of covering off. Lots of tapes and then maybe shoot some paint.

Looking good Norm.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks Steve
    Gets me excited to see the covering go on. Gives me hope that it will see air under the wings, which are still in the hanger waiting for the old covering to be yanked off and recovered. 90 90

Nice job Norm ,
    Looking forward to tomorrow.

Smile Re: Norm's Model IV covering Progress

A big thanks to Norm for showing me the ropes on how to 'fabric' and trusting me to not mess up all his good work. And after "class" he arranged for Kitfox Jim to take me up on my first flight in a Kitfox!!!😊 Thanks Guys for a great day!
    Here is a picture of Norm and my handiwork.

And here is Kitfox Jim and his Model V. Thanks again, Jim😀

Here is a short video of KitFoxJim and North49 off my wing in the Winter Alberta air. It was a perfect day for an afternoon flight. Temps were about 45, 50F and the Chinook winds died down for the afternoon. It was great. Of Course with the Chinooks leaving the area, temps are going back down to the 30F range. Guess I can use the time today to put tapes in the Model IV. Oh here is the short video of us flying.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8M...ature=youtu.be

It was great to have you in my shop Mike. Always nice to hanger fly with a fellow KitFoxer.
    Watching the smile on a guys face the first time the fabric shrinks with an iron is always worth showing how easy fabric is to work with.

DF4 I was wondering if you did anything special at the bottom corners of the wide body mod where the door meets for the fabric to have some stress relief. Did you put cotton batting or tape or? Curious as there seems to be a lot of tension in that area and I have not done my final shrink yet.
    Norm