Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: title search question

Default title search question

I was wondering how many use the services of title search and insurance companies when buying kitfoxes. Seems a lot of them are being sold quite fast. almost seems too fast to wait on title searches etc. If you do use them how much are you paying and how quickly do you get the results? Any specific companies recommended ? THanks Mark

Default Re: title search question

Years ago, I bought an Ercoupe. I used AOPA's title search service. It was quick and reasonably priced. The practical reason to do a title search is to ensure that there is not a lien on the title that the seller does not know about (or doesn't want to reveal).

Ralph

You can do a search yourself on the FAA web site. It's just a matter of ordering the documents. If they are any liens they should have the data.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

how long would it take for me to do it myself? What dept of FAA would I go to in order to do a search? Thanks

If you go to the FAA website, there is a box near the top on the right hand side where you can type in an N number to look at the plane's registration. Type in the N # and go to that page. In the third box down, titled Airworthyness, you will see a link in the lower left corner. If you click on that link, you will go to where you can order the paperwork for the plane. Either in a CD or paper form. I'll try to post a random aircraft page here so you can see what to look for. Jim Chuk
    http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umberTxt=177kw