Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting an old kitfox IV speedster up and running!

Default Re: Getting an old kitfox IV speedster up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    Don't stress too much over controle throws,full back stick is required but side to side full movement is seldom required as these aircraft have good roll authority even at low speeds
    I was watching some in flight cockpit videos of other kitfox's and I was noting that they don't seem to need much for their roll authority and they don't seem any more compact than I was in there. I have full elevator and no issues with rudder so I assume once I know how the plane flies I can gauge the actual need for control. I'm starting to feel better about flying the plane!

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
    I'm about the same size as you, and my other airplane has a pretty tight cockpit - smaller than the Kitfox 7 SS I'm building now. I found that flying with some thin-soled moccasins works real well for me. It's amazing what losing an extra 1/2" or so of sole thickness can potentially do for your leg room and knee clearance. If you normally wear tennis shoes, going to some leather moccasins might make a big difference for you.
    This is great advice! I actually learned to fly the Cessan 140 with my shoes off. So that might also be another route to take. I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with the feasibility of my flying the plane. Seems like the biggest things are rudder and elevator.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

I would replace all the fuel lines, coolant and oil lines, rubber carb flanges,get the carbs cleaned and rebuilt. basically the rotax 5 year rubber replacement.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW