Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian Kitfoxers out there?

Default Re: Australian Kitfoxers out there?

HI Dave. your welcome re the lights - they may have new versions now but I suspect whatever Kitfox are offering is pretty up to date.

And yes, I was a bit surprised by the few responses this thread - when I started my build thread quite a few came out of the woodwork. Maybe that will be the case when you start your build.

I didn't mean to discourage you from posting on the other blogs - just thought we were starting to have an 'off-topic' chat on Steve;s thread.

Anyway, preparing to fly up to Narromine later this week -weather permitting.

Hope you are enjoying the flying. I think I remember John Mc explaining the Eurofox relationship to tKitfox (lack of..) but I think that you have pretty well picked up the differences.

I look forward to introducing you to RMQ soon!

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Ross, so ive ordered the Nav lights and strobes. Still umming and ahring about the landing lights... Ie whether to embed them in the wing tips, wing leading edge or lower engine cowl. I'll make that decision later. Either way, they'll be LED's.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Excellent Dave. Are you planning on Night flying or just using them for recognition? Either way, the wing tips come molded with a spot for the combined landing/wig wags and have a perspex cover - pretty good spot for them. Here is a pic them operating in wig wag mode - pretty impressively bright!

cheers

r

PS going up to OZKosh Dave?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

I may as well chime in here if you're looking for replies. I actually met Ross and Gayle a while ago at the Back to Holbrook fly in, where I unofficially voted their Kitfox best in show. Thanks again Ross for letting me have a sit in your plane and dream for a bit! I'm an Aussie kitfox enthusiast but unfortunately my bank account won't let me put in an order for one yet just have to keep dreaming till then. By the sounds of it though it might be worth the drive to mt beauty to see all the bush planes come together. Sounds more exciting than 172s doing the same circuit over and over again here at Latrobe Valley.
    Cheers, Kane.

HI Kane,

good to hear from you! It would be great if you can make it up to Mt Beauty in Nov for the flying and keep the dream alive - dreams to come true!

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ