Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flapperon stick

Default Flapperon stick

All, I'm once again to be helped by your incredible knowledge: my flapperon handle doesn't stay in landing position during flight. It keeps being blown back into a more horizontal position. Trimming is OK, but nothing more than that. I tried to fasten the nut, but, it doesn't help enough. How did you guys manage?

The leather piece that is put between the handle and the frame is not worn, but it is rather flat. The round metal frame-piece it is put against is powder coated so quite 'slippery'. There could have been some improvement. But still I'm curious how you coped?

Any reaction will be appreciated!
    Greets,

By the way: I've slept with my girl for the first time...;-)
    Fly-In was here on EHTX and man - was it great! Although I was somehow puzzled about how to take al the camping gear with us - anyone has a cargo-pod for sale, by coincidence? (or any idea to produce one..?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Flapperon stick

Hans, I had to add a second leather spacer and rough them both up with sandpaper to make them grip better.

With the second leather I was able to tighten the nut more and it will stay in place now.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I'm surprised nobody has taken a small roof cargo pod for a car and flipped it over and hung it by the float attach points and the gear legs!

I installed this prototype locking flap lever from Kitfox on my model 4 a couple of months ago. It works great. A spring forces the lever to the left, into the notches. Move the lever to the right, select the flap position, and release the lever to spring back to the left. No more slipping flap adjustment. Contact John McBean at Kitfox Aircraft for pricing and availability. Installation was a snap.
    Bruce Estes
    Attached Images Attached Images