Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Phase 1 - finally over

Default Phase 1 - finally over

Today was a GOOD day!! Finished up Phase 1 after many delays due to other family members health issues and weather delays. Late afternoon flight with my first real live passenger, my wife Sue, (other was a duffel bag full of rocks). She has been real partner during the build, test flying and a third hand when needed. On to seeing someplaces other than 20 mile radius from KIOB. Thanks for everyone's support on my questions during the years, could not have done it with out you!!

Dick B

Default Re: Phase 1 - finally over

Congrats Dick! I am so jealous. I am about ready to paint and my engine should be here in a couple of weeks. Taking an EAA workshop on electrical and avionics this weekend in Seattle and then setup my panel. So getting closer to phase 1, but still along way to go.
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Way to go Dick, now you are free. I was so board of my flight box by the time I was done with the 40.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

There is sure a huge variation in the Phase I flight box radius given by different DAR's. I got a 50 NM radius. Some friends of mine in this same area got 100 NM radius, and another guy got only 25 NM radius.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Hey Dick,

Thanks for sharing your accomplishment...I think each one of us who has been there has a chance to relive the excitement of the moment.

Had to chuckle about your "bag-o-rocks"...When doing my load testing I pretty much used anything that was handy...some lead bars, some disk weights off my barbells; and, most notably and what drew most comments from my airport buddies was the dirt bags.

When I told the guys I took the dirt bags out of the cockpit...their response was, huh? I thought you were still flying!

Oh well; but, congratulations on your achievement.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive
    St Paul, MN

Congrats Dick on your great accomplishment, I too remember the first time I gave a ride after 40 hours of phase 1. It was my two year flight review with a CFI.....what a thrill! Have fun!
    Dan G.
    Model IV 1200 - Tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200
    Flying

Excellent news!!!!! Well done....and yes, you can add my name to the "jealous builders!"
    I am just starting the panel and electrical... engine is complete, etc... I can't wait to make this post and also thank Lowell, Bill, and the others who have helped me...

Again, congratulations... and "fly out of the box!"
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Congrats Dick.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear