Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Making new ribs

Default Making new ribs

Hello to everyone. I have a Kitfoxlite2 that is in need of new wings built among other issues {Basket case}. Picked up Baltic Birch 6mm plywood for the ribs { B - BB grade}. Is this a good choice for the parts? The old ones are heavily coated with something so I can't compare what I have to the old original material used. A friend is going to help cut them out with a CNC router . Reason for asking about this is that another builder said that they may have been made from real aircraft plywood , but neglected to say for sure. He also said there is a marine grade plywood. Any suggestions ? Purchased a couple of the Baltic Birch 5 ply sheets in hopes of it being good enough. Oddly it only comes in 60" x 60". Too much rash and damage to not make them nice again.
    Thanks,
    Danny T.

Default Re: Making new ribs

Danny,
    We do have the ribs in stock for the Lite2. Baltic Birch is not the correct material and does not have the correct number of ply.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Default Re: Making new ribs

OK back to the drawing board so to speak. Guess I have some nice wood for making other projects from. Thanks for steering me on a better heading with this! What a learning experience . Who knew basket cases could be so much fun.....