Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wait is Over

Default Re: The wait is over.

Well done!

Had a welcomed visitor from the Far East today.
    Dan B. stopped in, from Mesa to lend a helping hand. He also deliver a modified reamer compliments of Papa, to dress up the horizontal to elevator bushings. The extra long reamer worked perfectly. We got all six bushings pressed into the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilizer with the very last one giving the most objections.
    Thanks Dan for the help. Much appreciated. I also happened to catch him in the act of making airplane noises.
    Ah, it's required. Isn't it?

P1110388.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

That baggage area looks big enough that you could carry Dan in it!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Enjoyed the day Steve. The work completed on your plane is top notch and at the rate you are building we could fly back to OshKosh this year
    And yes, airplane noises are a prerequisite.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Looking at the luggage compartment are you planning on starting a business transporting caskets?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul, the sky hearse business did not cross my mind in relation to the baggage area. It actually could be longer.
    As is, I'll have to put a restraining net in to keep heavy items from shifting all the way back to the the rear during flight.

I know load management and C.G. preservation have been cussed and discussed here before in regards to these large baggage areas so I've been contemplating restraint measures but will wait until the floor boards , or whatever material ends up in there, get installed.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Enjoyed the day Steve. The work completed on your plane is top notch and at the rate you are building we could fly back to OshKosh this year
    And yes, airplane noises are a prerequisite.
    Making Oshkosh would be a little ambitious for sure. Covering is coming up quickly though. Looking forward to the modeling iron and the big iron shrinking that fabric into an airplane. I really enjoyed the covering process on the model 4.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Paul, the sky hearse business did not cross my mind in relation to the baggage area. It actually could be longer.
    As is, I'll have to put a restraining net in to keep heavy items from shifting all the way back to the the rear during flight.

I know load management and C.G. preservation have been cussed and discussed here before in regards to these large baggage areas so I've been contemplating restraint measures but will wait until the floor boards , or whatever material ends up in there, get installed.
    I had some stuff shift in flight during my flight to Weyers Cave, explains it exactly, and I don't have a baggage compartment large enough to put a casket in it!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I'll Watch the construction Kitfox vert closly..... Keep us up to date with Ã* lot of pictures..... I saliva!!!
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Steve, how is progress on your Kitfox 7SS? have you painted it yet, is it painted Yellow like your Series 4, or yellow like the new SLSAs John puts out, or yellow like the Corvette? Is it flying yet? We need some status reports! Personally the Summer heat in Pheonix would stop me.

Also, are you going to Oshkosh?
    Last edited by Paul Z; 07-13-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas