Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Roller Shades

Default Roller Shades

I would like to install a roller type sunshade in the roof of my SS7. I have seen a few of these things in other planes and in some photos on this forum. I would like the type that can be unrolled to various positions and then stuck in position with suction cups, etc. Those of you who are using one of these and are happy with it, how about posting who makes it and where you got it.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: Roller Shades

Go to Walmart.com, Amazon, or eBay and type in "car window shade". I use a stationary suction cup held shade on the ceiling of my KF as I never take it down. It gives a good deal of shade during those hot summer flights and I can see through it. It cost less than five dollars.
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

Default Re: Roller Shades

Not a roller shade but these things work great.

See the bottom of the page. http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...ht=super+jumbo

On rereading my post there I think I should clarify. Door open flight can dislodge the shade and create unnecessary excitement.

With the shade in place, the cabin feels more enclosed, like a Cessna.

Significant difference in cabin temperature. I will try to remember and measure it but I suspect at least 10-15 degrees F.
    Maxwell Duke

Kitfox S6 IO-240 Built it (Flying since 2003)
    Maule M7-235C Sold it (liked it though)
    RV-10 IO-540 Bought it
    Zenith CH-750 Built with 7 friends (DAR Vic Syracuse)