Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Video and introduction!

Default First Video and introduction!

Hey folks!

I have spoke with some of you privately but have never formerly introduced myself. I have been fortunate enough to find a really amazing Model 5 last November and have been spending a good amount of time trying to get myself comfortable with her.

I spent a good amount of time with Paul Leadabrand from Stick & Rudder getting myself familiar with the Kitfox. Needless to say, his instruction was excellent and I was able to gather a lot of information to build up my confidence.

I have previously owned a Cirrus SR-22TN and it has been an incredible journey transitioning from that to the Kitfox. For the most part, I feel that I am actually experience aviation the proper way, enjoying the scenery while flying instead of pushing buttons inside the clouds.

Here's a video I took flying with my 11 year old boy over California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFn2nbMPf3g&t=3s

Cheers
    ALex

Default Re: First Video and introduction!

Welcome aboard Alex. Great video, thanks for sharing and that smoke system works great.

Spent some hours on cross country flights with that Kitfox and its builders. It is a beautifully built Kitfox. Looks like it found a good home. Good move getting some extra training with S & R.
    Enjoy every flight.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by cirrusjetpilot View Post
    Hey folks!

I have spoke with some of you privately but have never formerly introduced myself. I have been fortunate enough to find a really amazing Model 5 last November and have been spending a good amount of time trying to get myself comfortable with her.

I spent a good amount of time with Paul Leadabrand from Stick & Rudder getting myself familiar with the Kitfox. Needless to say, his instruction was excellent and I was able to gather a lot of information to build up my confidence.

I have previously owned a Cirrus SR-22TN and it has been an incredible journey transitioning from that to the Kitfox. For the most part, I feel that I am actually experience aviation the proper way, enjoying the scenery while flying instead of pushing buttons inside the clouds.

Here's a video I took flying with my 11 year old boy over California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFn2nbMPf3g&t=3s

Cheers
    ALex
    That was Fun video, the most fun Kitfox flying I do is sharing with kids & seeing there reaction!
    David McCormick
    Kitfox Classic IV powered by Jabiru 2200
    Based at Jersey Shore, Pa P96

Welcome, Alex! And very cool video. I had a smile on my face the whole time. It sure appears you've found the ultimate flying experience. Thanks for sharing it!

(Scott you need to do one like that with Clair

Welcome Alex! I agree, that smoke system is working very well. Wish I had mine finished for my boys. At least it should be done before my oldest hits 11th grade.
    Eddie

Awesome, Alex. I so look forward to flying my Kitfox with my grandkids (although hopefully before they are 11).
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

I will make a post of the smoke system so people can use as reference in the future. It is actually a simple process once one spend several hours online searching for the right equipment.

Alex

Yes do that Alex. I am interested in the details of your smoke system.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Talking Re: First Video and introduction!

I see more wt as well as money but Im still interested as well.

Very nice presentation of your flight. How many camera's do you have mounted and are they all running at the same time, is the final video edited?