Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Kitfox News

Default Re: Colorado Kitfox News

I too wish to echo Dave's last comment. I have often mentioned that I feel that our little airplanes are like magnets that attract really great people. Meeting some of the wives added to the enjoyment as well. One note on Julie Clark. After seeing her there it made me want to go out and buy a lottery ticket. Consider the odds. We were there, julie arrived while we were there from her performance at Sun n Fun and we were the first visiters to her home there in Minnesota from Cameron Park in California - her primary residence. We have been neighbors in Cameron Park for nearly 20 years.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Well, I am looking forward to many years participating in this family myself. I'm sitting in Scottsdale, AZ on spring break and possibly will visit The Desert foxes again before I head home as I did last time. I'm sure I will meet you Lowell, Soon after I finish phase one and can get away from Corona, CA with my new ride.
    Eddie

I want to tell you guys thanks for visiting also, it was really nice to meet Lowell and Mark, I'm glad you stopped by and visited us Colorado Kitfox builders. Thank you Stan for hosting them and arranging the visits too. As you guys said it sure is great to talk and visit with other Kitfox builders and pilots. I'm glad too that John, Gary and Stan are close by and in the area to help me with all my build questions. It sure is a great community of people!

Amen to that. I had the good fortune of catching Desertfox1 and 4 at the skunkworks shop Saturday morning. They have got so much to offer and I appreciate the words of encouragement and offers of assistance they provided. The Carbon fiber cowlings are a sight to behold and so damn light!. I got to see a Kitfox depart Chandler on Thursday while I had my boys out for an aerobatic flight in a Great Lakes. It was pretty cool to see it depart and it just added to the fire to get this thing in the garage moving in that direction. I can't wait!
    Eddie

It was good to see you again too Eddie. Glad you and the boys could drop in.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Kay and I arrived home yesterday evening feeling exhausted after a tad over 4000 road miles. All in all worth every one of then many times over. We saw some fantastic scenery but overshadowed by the fantastic people we met. Because of Mark’s busy schedule, he rode with me to the Denver area, where Kay met me to continue the trip. We then went on to the St. Paul area of Minnesota. Then homeward bound we did some sightseeing at Mt. Rushmore and Devils Tower then a stop for a visit with family in Casper, Wyoming then home.
    Seeing the S7SSs in different stages of completion was great along with meeting the builders and in some cases their wives - those precious souls that will give us a hug after a frustrating day on the build and a high five after that complex system lights up on the first try – still waiting for that one. Not only that, but they often show special talents and skills of their own. All this made for a great trip!!
    Some comments on this thread remind me that we live here in a residential airpark. I would be more than happy to host any and all visitors who might want to come and see this part of California. We are definitely not the hot bed of builders that the Denver area demonstrated, but we do have some projects nearby, some great people and some great scenery. Drive in or fly in and you will have a place to stay.

(on the George Washington picture, it looked like a teen age blemish on his lip. Had to check it out with my new lens.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Thanks for posting the nice pictures, Lowell ! I hope we will be able to fly to Cameron Park some day in the not too distant future. Thanks again from me to you, Kay and Mark for making the long trip... it was a special few days for me. My thanks to my Kitfox buddies around here also - Stan , Gary , Rick, James & Quentin (I hope I spelled your name right Quentin!), Paul, Eric, and Jeremy. Some day we'll probably have a pretty good sized Kitfox Air Force here to protect the State from marauding RVs (or maybe Highlanders? ) ... they've already invaded, so I guess marauding is maybe the next step.

The first picture is Gary and Stan looking at Gary's 7SS. #2 - Stan, Paul, & Mark at Gary's also. #3 - Stan, Mark & me with my project. #4 - Stan, Mark & Eric looking at Eric's 912is installation. #5 - Another shot of the 912is. #6 - last but not least, Mark, Stan, Eric, me & Jeremy with his project. What a fun couple of days!

The picture of George is good Lowell - I've never seen him that close, although I got pretty close in my airplane many years ago. Circled Devil's Tower a few times too! Glad everyone got home safe!
    Last edited by jrevens; 04-17-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Sounds and looks like a fun trip. Looks like Colorado is doing a first rate job of expandimg the Kitfox fleet.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Lowell, I'll just echo John's comments; it was super to have you all visit. My wife and I look forward to when we can be traveling by Kitfox rather than car.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

A word of caution for those loading up their bucket lists. Don't wait until you are an old man. Two days after returning and I am finally getting my wind back.

I wanted to post a few more photos that were recorded on my phone.

Thanks again to those who opened their homes and hangars!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel