Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Sport pilot make/model question

Default Sport pilot make/model question

Maybe someone here knows the answer to this. I am a sport pilot powered parachute training in a cadet taildragger. Its CAS is greater than 87knots. Would I need an additional sign off to fly in a Kitfox IV?
    Wes

Default Re: Sport pilot make/model question

You need flight instruction in SEL, Sport Qualified and then 2 CFI endorsements for the added rating. One CFI is primary and the other is in the role of verifying. Upon completion you will be rated for AP1 (tricycle) or AP2 (tailwheel). This rating applies to Sport Pilot qualified aircraft only.

Default Re: Sport pilot make/model question

Thanks Tommg. I have two cfi's who have never done that for a sport pilot. They are willing to help me out. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need training for the different makes of tailwheels. ie- one for Kitfox, one for cub ect ect. And I understand which planes qualify for LSA aircraft. Especially the Kitfox 😆. I had the pleasure of going up on a model 7 last weekend and man that was an awesome set of wings!