Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade TRIM

Default Re: Upgrade TRIM

Nice idea on the spring pressure on the elevator push-pull tube. An even simpler system is bungee cord tied to the seat truss, looped around the joystick, and pulled up the stick for more pressure. Used this on several Avid Flyers and it works good and you can do it in just a short time and for just a few $. Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by avidflyer; 01-25-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: add picture

@ Cubtractor & Avidflyer

These are great ideas!

Cubtractor, is this only your own construction or could I get it like a kit?

Avidflyer, do you have pictures from the bungee-system?

Olaf

Just went back into some old pictures and found one of the bungee hooked onto the joystick. I know some have riveted a piece of aluminum with notches cut into it onto the joystick so they could more accurately adjust the tension on the bungee and it couldn't slide up or down the stick by itself. (the higher up you set it, the more pull it has) Jim Chuk

I just built the one. The actuator is similar to the one Kitfox uses now for stab trim but I think mine is from an RV4 flap system(I think). A friend had it lying around and that's the story I got anyway. The springs I experimented with to get the right pressure. It's set up so that if it should go inop, or have a runaway and run full up or full down, I can fully overcome spring pressure and have full control.
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

Wink Re: Upgrade TRIM

Just went back into some old pictures and found one of the bungee hooked onto the joystick. I know some have riveted a piece of aluminum with notches cut into it onto the joystick so they could more accurately adjust the tension on the bungee and it couldn't slide up or down the stick by itself. (the higher up you set it, the more pull it has) Jim Chuk
    Thank you, that well easy but I have to pull the stick because of "nose up" in travel konfiguration. I could fix a bungee at the elevator strut ( the long stick from the front to the rear) and pull it forwards for trim. Know I have to find a way to adjust the tension of the bungee, may be by steel rope between a bungee and this for example.....

A friend had it lying around
    Lying around more over there...?

Olaf

If you need forward pressure on the stick, what if you put the bungee in front of the stick, attach it to the floorboards? Jim

If you need forward pressure on the stick, what if you put the bungee in front of the stick, attach it to the floorboards? Jim
    Of course!

I would like to have something like a stick near the my flaperons, I like a tidy cockpit ;-)

Olaf

I bult this a while back just goofing around,,it has potential to be used for many applications,,can be reproduced at any size
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Good work, do you have a pic from the backside?

Olaf

here you go
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL