I admire you for keeping such a piece of kitfox history active, but it also sounds like its not that hard of a job for you to fly it regularly

I'd love to see a shot of those stickers on the cowl. I'm a nut about the history of the Kitfox and Avid, since I own the first Avid Flyer that Dan Denney and Dean Wilson used to get this whole thing started. I've been flying these kind of planes since 1986, and I just never seem to grow tired of them. As you already know, they are just so much fun.

Oh, and I love that pic of 85DD in the mountains with your tent pitched next to it. That one picture says it all about how capable, fun, and versatile these Kitfoxes are.

Quote Originally Posted by SkySteve View Post
Av8rps,
I don't know if 85DD is the oldest Kitfox around. I do know it was the first real factory demonstrator. It took first place in Oshkosh in 1985 and 1986, as the stickers are still on the side of the plane. Yes, it has a lot of good history. She flies great and gets flown at least every 10 days, usually more than that. Had her out in the dirt today and did 10 landings and I plan to fly tomorrow, then head to Scotsdale, AZ for a few days before attending the Copperstate Fly In!! You know what they say about perfect practice!

Good on you for never going plane-less!!