Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: John's Build

Default Re: John's Build

Thanks to you all... I have to guess that it is just another odd "part" that didn't really belong with my kit. I've had a couple of those.

Update report... I was able to locate a hangar to rent at one of our local airports (KEIK). I had been looking for something that wasn't too far from home for quite awhile. The waiting list at my home field (KBJC) is about a mile long... I don't think I'll live long enough to get to the number one spot on that one. So, it looks like I'll be moving my project sometime in October. I wish it would fit in with my Thorp T-18, but there's not enough room. I'm REALLY looking forward to flying this thing, and I've been thinking it would be prudent to get a check-out with Paul L. in Idaho, so I'll try to arrange that sometime soon too.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

John

On my Series 5 P/N 52930.000 is a junction strip used when fitting the windshield. Goes on the rear of the windshield.

Rick

Thanks, Rick. I guess it must have been a left over part that was just included in my kit inadvertently. There's nothing shown about it at all in my build manual. I never did get a reply from the factory.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

From looking at the 7 manual, the windshield & skylight are one piece. On the 5 they are 2 separate pieces joined together using the junction strip which is what you have.

Rick

Ahh!... mystery solved. Thank you, Rick.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
    Thanks, Rick. I guess it must have been a left over part that was just included in my kit inadvertently. There's nothing shown about it at all in my build manual. I never did get a reply from the factory.
    John,
    I went back and checked email.. did not receive an email from you to respond to or a voice message..
    If I remember correctly that part is the Junction strip that was used on the previous windshield/skylight section. It was used on the Series 5 aircraft and the part had continued to carry over on the parts lists even though it was no longer used.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Thanks, John. It wasn't important, but it was just bugging me. BTW, it was email sent to Debra on 9/12. My ISP shows it was delivered. But again, it wasn't important or I would've been on the phone.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

John,

Every time I visit your thread, the photo of your fabric work and the new Kitfox logo catches my eye. So very clean!

This time I noticed the inspection ring. Did you attach the inspection rings with anything other than the factory recommended Super Glue?
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Carl,
    Thanks. Yes, I used a medium viscosity super glue from the hobby shop. Roughed up the plastic rings first, of course. It worked well.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

Hey John, what brand is that "wrinkle finish" on your panel? How thick is the build up? Do you think it would look good to engrave right through it?
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3