Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: cleaning after polybrush

Default cleaning after polybrush

what can I use to clean fuse/wings etc. after polybrush has been brushed on. im not going to spray the polybrush just yet but everything is getting dusty. is it safe to use alcohol? maybe lightly applied mek? is it c2210 (which I don't have on hand right now)?thanks, ken

Default Re: cleaning after polybrush

Good old soap and water works great. They used to recommend, Mr. Clean,
    but it probably doesn't really matter.

Jeff

Some dish soaps contain silicone (dawn) and will cause the sprayed material to fish-eye.

Don't ask how I found that out.

I was told old fashion ivory soap works well with no additional crap in it.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

You can tell by the way the water sheets if you're going to have a paint
    fish-eye problem. I wash lots of stuff for painting with soapy water, it's a
    great indicator if my sanding has been adequate.

Jeff

From Poly-Fiber web: I'm sure there are other cleaners but this does work pretty well.

310 ALKALINE CLEANER

AN EFFECTIVE, PENETRATING, GENERAL PURPOSE DETERGENT CLEANER

USE:

Concentrated solution - dilute as needed with up to 32 parts water.

Dilute with 20 parts water as an alkaline metal surface cleaner to remove wax, dirt, oil, grease, and silicone in preparation for metal finishing.

Dilute with 20 parts water as a wash to remove oil, dirt, silicone, and wax from old fabric or painted metal surface in preparation for refinishing.
    Dilute with 20 parts water as a very effective vinyl and cloth upholstery cleaner.

Dilute with 5 parts water as a cleaner for engine and cowling. Apply with a brush or spray, then rinse.

Dilute with 32 parts water for aircraft, auto, motor home, and trailer exterior washing.

Dilute with 5 parts water and use as a laundry pre-wash soil breaker and laundry additive. Will clean where nationally advertised brands fail.

Dilute with 5 parts water as a hangar floor, garage, and driveway oil drip remover.

An excellent extra-strength household cleaner. Dilute with 10 parts water and use on sinks, stoves, walls, carpets, cabinets, vinyl floors, furniture, etc. Removes wax, oil, grease, crayon, and pencil marks, dirt and stains. Decrease the dilution on persistent stains.

310 Cleaner is not harsh on hands, and it has a pleasant lemon fragrance. Dilute with equal parts water and use in liquid hand soap dispenser. Wet the hands first and use a few drops - the dirt runs off.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Thanks all. I used some soap and water for now. But aircraft spruce had a special this week. Order $500 + and get a $50 gift card. So i ordered c-2210 and 310 alkaline cleaner as well as more poly products i needed.